Who am I?

Loganville, GA, United States
I'm a Christian woman married to a wonderful pastor's son. I thank the Lord for loving me enough to not only save me, but to send me such a wonderful man!~~~ Mom/step-mom to 6, w/4 grandkids so far. ~~~I have such diverse interests, I'm not quite sure where to start.~~~I'm a child of God; mom; daughter; wife; sister; aunt; cousin; niece; daughter-in-law; friend; entrepreneur; marketer; but mostly a goofball who loves her life!~~~I love, laugh, sing, cry, read, surf the WWW, blog, make endless lists. ~~~Food is a weakness and a passion.~~~Coffee is good - in moderation.~~~Randomness keeps life from getting boring.~~~***~~~And just in case you're wondering why my main blog is called Inside KATY's Head, Katy is a nickname for my 1st name, and what my mother-in-law thought I looked like when she first saw my picture. And it's easier to type!!!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

God Answers Prayer

I had been praying for quite a while for relief for my husband with regard to his work and our finances. I was also asking God to bless AC in all he did. Right before Christmas, we were presented with an opportunity that seemed too good to be true - a job for AC with my brother-in-law's company, the chance to learn a new trade, and a place to stay during the transition.

The hard part in all this is that taking this job meant leaving the only place he'd ever called home. AC's family has lived for generations in Cleveland, TN, and they're all pretty much still there. We prayed, and God opened every door that needed to be opened to enable us to make this change. The one part that was hardest was figuring out how to do this with Megan, my 16 year old step-daughter, who lives with us. We ran through several scenarios, and while each one seemed feasible at the time, one by one they all fell through.

Still praying, and enlisting the prayers of even more believers, Megan has finally decided to move to Loganville to be with us on a permanent basis. She believes this is where God wants her to be, and I feel the same way. (Although I must admit that the selfish flesh part of me wants her here regardless.) There are so many opportunities for her to grow in her faith, through church, her music, and the new friendships that are developing with girls her own age who share her beliefs.

I know God's hand is in this. Too many good things have already happened for it NOT to be His work. Oh, Satan is hard at work, too, trying to steal our joy by manipulating circumstances, but we're not letting him get in our way. We're going to continue to praise God for the good he's doing in our lives, and for the lessons learned through the hardships, too. We'll keep praying for the chance to give God the glory & honor He so richly deserves.

Today I spoke w/Meg, & she's wanting to stay in TN & get a job at Target. I don't feel like it's the right thing for her to do, but I'm going to PRAY & let her father handle this. I understand her wanting to stay near her family, but I feel she's not giving God a chance to work the way He wants to in her life.

Megan is now in GA with us. I'm hoping that the reasons she gave for making this decision are not impulsive. There is so much for her to experience, so much possibility for growth as a Christian as well as a person in general. The exposure to people & experiences she would never have in Cleveland are such that many would gladly trade places with her. There is a tremendous positive influence available that I hope she will welcome.

My God is so good! I cannot begin to say how much I love Him! I know that he is working in our lives in a powerful way. I only hope that I can bring him honor & glory, that he so richly deserves! My heart is full to overflowing with thanksgiving and love for him.

1 comment:

  1. BERNIE!!!!!!!!! It's me, Sara! <333

    Tell Megan that if it makes her feel better, I'm here for you guys and if she ever wants to go to Atlanta or anywhere else around here, I'll be happy to drive her around. Miss you and love you guys.

    ReplyDelete