Who am I?

Loganville, GA, United States
I'm a Christian woman married to a wonderful pastor's son. I thank the Lord for loving me enough to not only save me, but to send me such a wonderful man!~~~ Mom/step-mom to 6, w/4 grandkids so far. ~~~I have such diverse interests, I'm not quite sure where to start.~~~I'm a child of God; mom; daughter; wife; sister; aunt; cousin; niece; daughter-in-law; friend; entrepreneur; marketer; but mostly a goofball who loves her life!~~~I love, laugh, sing, cry, read, surf the WWW, blog, make endless lists. ~~~Food is a weakness and a passion.~~~Coffee is good - in moderation.~~~Randomness keeps life from getting boring.~~~***~~~And just in case you're wondering why my main blog is called Inside KATY's Head, Katy is a nickname for my 1st name, and what my mother-in-law thought I looked like when she first saw my picture. And it's easier to type!!!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Do Unto Others - Part II

How do you pick & choose to whom in your life you will be kindhearted? How do you decide which of your family members is worthy of your respect & devotion? What is your method in determining which of your friends will be your "best" friends? How can you so easily turn your back on the ones who have loved you, provided for you, and made the most difficult sacrifices for you?

Luke 6:32-33 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same."

If we, as Christians, are only nice to those who are nice to us, then we are no better than all the unbelievers in the world! How will the "not nice" people ever learn to be nice?

If I only reached out in love to those who have shown love to me, what a small world I would live in! I guess with the life experiences I've had, I can be gruff and a bit untrusting(?) at times. But in my defense, I've trusted to the point that I've been hurt deeply many, many times, and those hurts all happened before I had the love of my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has shown me (mostly through His Word) that I can love and I can trust, and most of all that HE loves me even if no one else on earth does!

I love so many people who don't return that love. Some of them know who they are, and others don't even realize (or care about) the hurt they cause my heart. Yet I choose to keep on loving them, even though I don't particularly like them sometimes or don't always agree with the way they choose to behave. I don't expect them to love me back, because we are not to expect anything in return. My reward will be in heaven, when the Father looks at how well I loved others, even the ones who are difficult to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment